|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Mafia (party game) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Sections older than 60 days may be automatically archived by .
This article links to one or more target anchors that no longer exist.
Please help fix the broken anchors. You can remove this template after fixing the problems. | Reporting errors
The recent change from "Mafia Party Game" to "Werewolf (social deduction game)" is literally changing the wiki page around the history of a great game.
I suggest to change it from "Werewolf (social deduction game)" to "Mafia (social deduction game)".
- Mafia is the original name of the game created by Dmitry Davidoff
- "Werewolf, also known as Mafia, is a social deduction game created by Dmitry Davidoff in 1986" - wrong statement. Werewolf is created by Plotkin, Mafia by Dmitry Davidoff. There was no Werewolf game in 1986
- The idea about that the Werewolf is more popular has no evidence
- The History section starts with talking about Mafia game specifically — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:52, 3 December 2019 (UTC)
- Recent changes destroyed the Mafia Wiki Page to make it a Werewolf Page, the similar game with a bit different traditions and dynamics. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 00:00, 4 December 2019 (UTC)
- Given that the page move was performed by a user who was subsequently blocked, without much discussion here, assuming the IP's claims are true, I don't see why we wouldn't move it back...though this time around it might be best to handle it as a more formal move? We could then offer both "social deduction game" and "party game" as options. DonIago (talk) 19:48, 24 January 2020 (UTC)
Please, move it back to "Mafia" article. It was a Mafia wikipage before and now became the Werewolf without much discussion. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 22:02, 28 January 2020 (UTC)
I'm all in favour of the proposal. Mafia is the original name and the idea that the name Werewolf has supplanted the name Mafia is false. I only learned of Mafia around 10 years ago and I don't know anyone who calls it Werewolf. There was no real reasoning given or even discussion for moving it in the first place so I say we treat this as reversion of the previous change. eyeball226 (talk) 05:05, 29 February 2020 (UTC)
I've restored the original title of the article as the original move was performed by an editor who was subsequently blocked and all here appeared to favor the original title. Cheers. DonIago (talk) 15:51, 29 February 2020 (UTC)
Requested move 29 July 2020
BGG not a reliable source
Greetings! I had received a message from User:Doniago stating that BGG isn't a reliable source, hence undoing my former add of Blood on the Clocktower because I put BGG as a source. Shouldn't all "One Night Variant" be removed, too? It has BGG as a source... That's why I sourced it at the first place! --Forly (talk) 07:41, 20 August 2020 (UTC)
- Fair enough. I've removed BGG as a source for that information and requested that a citation be provided (perhaps the Bezier Games website may be useful to some extent?). FWIW discussion of BGG as an RS can be found here. Cheers! DonIago (talk) 16:02, 20 August 2020 (UTC)